In English we are going to carry on with our phonics, spelling and handwriting as normal.
In writing we are going to read 'Don't let the pigeon stay up late' by Mo Willems and have fun writing some instructions!
Please choose an activity to do each day and try to do 10 minutes of daily reading as well. Reading your own books is absolutely fine too.
Recap the 'ar' sound (phase 3)
Recap Phase 4 using the phase 4 home learning challenge.
Play games on Phonics play using the 'ar' sound eg. Buried treasure.
- Listen to 'Don't let the pigeon stay up late' by Mo Willems
- Watch the sentence punctuation PowerPoint
- Have a go at the 'How to draw a pigeon instructions' (adult reads, child draws)
- What made it easier? (clear, short, bossy instructions given in the right order)
- Look at and read instructions for 'How to use a bus', 'How to get ready for lunch'
- Have a go at writing your own instructions eg. 'How to get ready for bed' or 'How to play Uno'
- Try them out on your grown up - do they work?