In English we will carry on with our normal handwriting and spelling. I have included a 'Look, cover, write, check' blank sheet for spelling in the websites at the top if you want to practise any of the Y1/ Y2 spellings or any linked to phonics.
In phonics we are going to recap b and d as it is still common at this age to mix these up when both reading and spelling. I have included Mr Thorne b and d, a b/d song and a useful website with ideas.
Hopefully you've also tried the 'Letters and Sounds' daily phonics lessons on you tube and found those useful too.
In writing we are going to look at a Non-Fiction book about the RNLI and write a new page for the book ourselves!
Please read for 10 minutes daily either your school reading book, a book from home or an online book from the free website link below:
(You will need your school book band level which is the coloured sticker on our school reading books)
- Read the non fiction book 'Lifeboat crew member'.
- Talk about features of a non-fiction book (contents page, sub-headings, information text, fact box, photos, diagram + labels, new vocabulary in bold text, glossary, index)
- You are going to design a new lifeboat and write a page telling the reader all about it!
- Try to include some of the features of a non-fiction book.
- You can use some of the resources below to help give you ideas: