In English this week we are going to carry on with our usual spelling and handwriting. I am so impressed with the handwriting I've seen. Once all your letters are correctly formed the joined handwriting just happens naturally so keep going!
In phonics we are going to start recapping split digraphs as this was something a lot of you struggled with.
I am pleased a lot of you are using the daily Letters and Sounds Year 1 lesson on YouTube (10.30am every weekday). The lessons are uploaded so you can fit them into your day to suit you.
In writing we are going to be reading all about superheroes and then answering some questions about the text. Remember to answer in full sentences and use the question to start your answer.
Please also read for ten minutes every day. I know lots of you are starting to swap your books at school or use the eBooks on www.oxfordowl.co.uk . Reading your own books is great too and I have really enjoyed seeing photos of you reading to little brothers and sisters, pets or grandparents online. Well done! They made me smile
- Read 'Superheroes - All Sorts' by Ruth Merttens. There is also a Shortened version of the story which some of you will need.
- Look in the resources and find the reading comprehension level for your child:
- easy: Questions about Superheroes - Shortened *
- medium: Questions about Superheroes - Shortened **
- hard: Questions about Superheroes - All Sorts ***
3. Have a go at answering the questions. Remember to answer in full sentences and use the question to start your