In topic this week we are going to find out all about seaside holidays in the past. We will look at some PowerPoints and have a go at some interactive activities. I've also linked this to some art and craft so you can have a go at making your own Punch and Judy show!
In outdoor learning I would like you to collect some rocks and pebbles either from your garden, the woods or on your daily walk. We are going to have a go at identifying them. Then if you have found a smooth pebble you could have a go at decorating it and hiding it on your next walk for somebody else to find!
Carrying on in the woods we are going to read The Gruffalo and do some Gruffalo themed dance!
Activity 1 - Seaside holidays in the past
- Please watch both of the PowerPoints and find out about seaside holidays in the past.
- What was the same and what was different to seaside holidays now?
- Have a go at the online activities on the website.
Activity 2 - Make your own Punch and Judy show
- Watch the Victorian seaside entertainment PowerPoint.
- Watch the Punch and Judy PowerPoint and clip to get ideas for your show.
- Cut out the templates and make your own finger puppet Punch and Judy show.
Activity 3 - Collect and identify rocks and stones
1. Collect rocks and stones from your garden, the forest or on your daily walk.
2. Wash them clean and sort by size or type.
3. What have you found? Most local rocks are flint or sandstone, are yours?
4. Look at the Spotters Guide to help.
Activity 4 - Decorate your own rock
- Choose a smooth rock or pebble.
- Decorate with Sharpies or acrylic paints.
- Join the Hidden Rocks, Sandhurst Facebook page to hide your rock and find others!
Activity 5 - Dance like a Gruffalo!
- Listen to the Gruffalo on Mrs Hardy's Storytime or watch Dylan's Gruffalo movie on Class 1 Movies.
- Then get moving with a Gruffalo themed dance session!