I really enjoyed seeing the photos of your work on the seaside last week and I know some of you had fun collecting and decorating rocks then hiding them in the woods. I shall have to look out for any hidden ones on my walk!
In topic this week we are going to find out about the history of lighthouses, do some lighthouse craft, watch the story of Grace Darling and do a timeline activity.
We are also going to read 'Sharing a Shell' by Julia Donaldson, find out about hermit crabs and do some observational drawing of shells.
Activity 1 - All about Lighthouses
1. Watch the PowerPoint and slide show to find out about lighthouses.
2. Go on a virtual tour.
3. Can you draw and label your own lighthouse diagram?
Activity 2 - Lighthouse craft
1. Look at the images of lighthouses.
2. Have a go at making your own model either out of junk, Lego or use the template below.
Activity 3 - Grace Darling
1. Watch the programme on Grace Darling.
2. Have a go at the interactive timeline activity.
3. See if you can do the timeline cut and stick activity.
Activity 4 - Hermit crabs.
1. Read or watch 'Sharing a Shell' by Julia Donaldson (I have filmed this on YouTube).
2. Learn all about hermit crabs by watching the class clip.
Activity 5 - Shell observational drawing.
1. Look at some shells either ones you have collected or images from the website below.
2. Use a magnifying glass to help if you have one.
3. Use a lead pencil to draw and shade carefully.