We hold Full Governing Body Meetings once a term.
Any queries, please contact:
Under legislation (Education Act 2002) the Governing Body’s purpose is to “Conduct the school with a view to promoting high standards of educational achievement at the school”.
The three core functions of the GB, as reflected in The School Governance (Roles, Procedures & Allowances) (England) Regulations 2013 are:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction.
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils.
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
Some of the things expected of governors include:
- Support and challenge leadership.
- Support, challenge and work in close partnership with the school
- Ensure that the school is accountable to the children and their parents, to its local community, to those who fund and maintain it and to the staff it employs
- Account for the school’s overall performance and explain Governing Body decisions and actions to anyone who has a legitimate interest
- Ensure all statutory requirements are met