Welcome to Year 1
Here you will find all the information you need to know about the goings on in Year 1.
Our topic this term is 'Explorers' this is a history and geography unit of work, studying significant explorers over time. We will be discussing how travel, equipment, clothing and food has changed over time and what we have discovered from these significant figures. We will also be learning about the places these explorers visited.
This will be done through:
* Talking about similarities and differences
* Discussing ways of life in the past
* Using stories and historical sources
Throughout our learning, we will be considering key questions (listed below) and using our research and newly acquired knowledge to answer them.
1. What do we mean by significant?
2. Who made the most significant contribution to exploration?
3. How and why should we remember these individuals?
4. What impact has each of the explorers had?
For general things e.g. lost jumper, wearing trainers because shoes too small etc, please contact the class teacher using the updated messaging function on Seesaw
For more significant concerns or worries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with FAO Miss Farrelly Teacher in the subject.
Any changes to school pick up should go through the school office.
Click these links to get information on the vocabulary that we use with the children in English, Maths and Science lessons.