Welcome to the PTA section!
All parents and guardians of children at New Scotland Hill Primary School and Nursery are automatically members of the school Parent Teacher Association. The aim of the PTA is to help the school provide the best possible environment for the children of the school. We do this in many ways:
- We have fund raising events which help us purchase items for the school which the school would otherwise not have the finances to fund
- We do jobs around school to improve the atmosphere for the children to learn in pleasant surroundings
- We supply refreshments at school functions and for the year 6 leaving barbeque
- We encourage the pupils to consider those people who are less fortunate than themselves by raising funds for charitable organisations, both locally and nationally
- We promote the school in the locality by attending Sandhurst Community events
- We support the school in any way we can to improve the teaching and learning for the children of New Scotland Hill Primary School and Nursery
- We collect and sell old school uniform items.
The PTA committee is a very lively and friendly group. If you would like to serve on the committee, to help the committee at functions, or have any suggestion as to how we can support the school in any way, by donations or sponsorship from individuals or employers, please pop a note into the school office or contact us via the Facebook PTA page or catch one of us in the playground.
We have, despite these strange times, still managed to raise some much needed funds this term to go towards making our children’s experience at school more enjoyable. We have managed to raise over £1,300 from the following:
1. Pre-loved Uniform - £64
2. The Big PTA Raffle - £168
3. Make your own Christmas Wreaths - £769.60
4. Santa Letters, Stocking Fillers and Snow Windows Baubles - £198.13
5. Christmas Cards - £139.15
If you would like to raise any potential fundraising ideas please feel free to email us at email@example.com, share them on our Facebook group or come along to our next virtual meeting on Wednesday 27th January 2021 at 7.30pm (zoom details will be shared early next year) to share your ideas.