Reception Class 2023-24
Welcome to Reception
Spring 2- 2024
This terms topic is:
Once upon a time…
Things you could do at home to support this topic are:
- Share popular traditional tales; discuss how some versions are different to others.
- Read alternative traditional tales for example- ‘The Three Little Wolves and the Big Bad Pig’
- Re-tell stories using puppets/ toys
- Ask the children to think of the characters from the story and what they are known for- e.g. Big Bad Wolf- teeth/ being scary etc.
- Make objects from the story- lots of craft ideas on Pinterest- https://www.pinterest.co.uk/explore/traditional-tales/
- Learn about pigs/ wolves / princesses/ castles using non-fiction books
- Visit Windsor castle or other castles locally
- Visit a farm building on our visit last term.
- Learn songs- Old Macdonald, There Was a Princess Long Ago and 5 Little Ducks
- Write about everything! (Mark making, labels, captions and simple sentences)
- Count/ order/ recognise numbers to 5/10/20
- Talk about shapes and discuss their features
- Plant a seed and watch it grow- write a diary
- Easter Bonnet Parade is Thursday 28th March 2024 @9.10 more details to follow.
- Have fun!
For details about the curriculum coverage of our overview please click here
For details about curriculum coverage of our English units please click here
For a more detailed curriculum coverage for the year please click here
PE days will be on Wednesday. Please come to school wearing your PE kit on these days, but bring your school uniform in a separate bag for you to change into if you get wet during your PE lesson.
The class will be covered by Mrs Wells and Mr Boardman on Wednesday mornings.
Other helpful reminders:
Snacks: Fresh fruit or vegetables
Water bottles- Labelled and not to be kept in book bags please.
Book bags- Please send them to school daily.
Our library day is on Monday
As the weather changes, please ensure your child has a coat with them every day. We will be going outside for a lot of our learning. If the children have wellington boots we will change them from school shoes so that they can enjoy being outdoors without the fear of wet feet!
We have talked about learning how to put on and take off our coats independently.
We would appreciate your support with this.
***Please upload photographs to Tapestry if you wish to do so.
We look forward to sharing all the activities that your child does at home. ***
For general things e.g. lost jumper, wearing trainers because shoes too small etc, please contact the class teacher using the messaging function on Tapestry.
For more significant concerns or worries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with FAO Mrs Dhariwal in the subject.
Any changes to school pick up should go through the school office.